Xbox360 Homebrew In Progress: Mame360, Scummvm

Boun

Messages recommandés

Voila une petite news de xbox scene je vous met le liens et vous ite l'article en Anglais désolé pour ceux qui ne maitrise mal, moi je ne maitrise pas assez pour faire une parfaite traduction <_<.

Xbox360 Homebrew in Progress: MAME360, ScummVM

>> We got this interesting email from a trusted developer that wishes to remain anonymous for now. He has been working on a port of MAME and ScummVM for the Xbox360 for some time now. The development and pictures below are from a devkit, but with the recent Hypervisor Exploit (kernel 4532/4548 only for now) there's hope you'll be able to run this on a retail Xbox360 some day:

In light of the recent 360 hack and possibility of widespread homebrew in the future, I wanted to share some news with you and X-S.

I've been working on a port of MAME to the 360. I call it 'MAME360'.

MAME360 MAME360

MAME360 MAME360

More Screenshots:

mame360_01.jpg

mame360_02.jpg

Now for a bit about the project:

* It's based on MAME 0.112 and is fairly easy to keep up-to-date (doesn't need any messing around with like Mameox on the xbox).

* Originally it was based on SDLMAME but I've since ported a 360 specific osd layer (so SDL for the 360 exists - as an aside I also have a port of ScummVM in the works too).

* Mame doesn't include any dynarec cpu emulation on anything other than an x86 platform. So any game that is PSX or N64 based for example doesn't run at all well.

* Most other stuff (that I've tried) runs pretty well.

* At the moment it will only run on 360 dev/debug/test kits. Whether it will ever run on a hacked retail box remains to be seen.

Voila une petite news de xbox scene je vous met le liens et vous ite l'article en Anglais désolé pour ceux qui ne maitrise mal, moi je ne maitrise pas assez pour faire une parfaite traduction <_<.

Xbox360 Homebrew in Progress: MAME360, ScummVM

>> We got this interesting email from a trusted developer that wishes to remain anonymous for now. He has been working on a port of MAME and ScummVM for the Xbox360 for some time now. The development and pictures below are from a devkit, but with the recent Hypervisor Exploit (kernel 4532/4548 only for now) there's hope you'll be able to run this on a retail Xbox360 some day:

In light of the recent 360 hack and possibility of widespread homebrew in the future, I wanted to share some news with you and X-S.

I've been working on a port of MAME to the 360. I call it 'MAME360'.

MAME360 MAME360

MAME360 MAME360

More Screenshots:

mame360_01.jpg

mame360_02.jpg

Now for a bit about the project:

* It's based on MAME 0.112 and is fairly easy to keep up-to-date (doesn't need any messing around with like Mameox on the xbox).

* Originally it was based on SDLMAME but I've since ported a 360 specific osd layer (so SDL for the 360 exists - as an aside I also have a port of ScummVM in the works too).

* Mame doesn't include any dynarec cpu emulation on anything other than an x86 platform. So any game that is PSX or N64 based for example doesn't run at all well.

* Most other stuff (that I've tried) runs pretty well.

* At the moment it will only run on 360 dev/debug/test kits. Whether it will ever run on a hacked retail box remains to be seen.

Yes c'est cool !!!

Mais c'est que sur dev/debug mais bon début :P

++

Modifié par _MrUnder

lut,

"kernel 4532/4548 only for now"

je suis sur le dernier kernel et j'aimerai downgrader, l'astuce c'est de faire suater une resistance et de mettre une puce non?

merci de vos réponses

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=581361

Robinsod posted an update about his hack to downgrade a 2858 (or lower) kernel back to the 1888 'Base Kernel'. By being able to boot the 'Kiosk disc' from recordable media he proofs his 360 is no longer running the 2858 kernel (which blacklisted these XEXs) and boots without applying the kernel patches that have nulled headers:

Confirmed, downgrading allows the Kiosk disk to run again!

So I have now proved that kernel 2.0.2858 (won't boot the kiosk disk) can be downgraded to 2.0.1888 and that WILL boot the kiosk disk (or bits of it) from CD-R. This was proved with a mobo for which the DVD key is NOT known.

However, with newer kernels (4552 and after) it seems to be (currently) impossible to downgrade back to 1888. From Robinsod and Speedy22:

Until the 4552 update that is exactly what I was doing, erasing/corrupting part of the patch and rebooting. The 360 fell back to the previous patch or, if no patch has been applied, the Base Kernel.

After the 4552 the 360 WILL NOT BOOT unless the 4552 patch is present in flash.

More than likely MS has blown an efuse or two with the 4552 update. The efuses are located in the CPU. Anyone interested in learning more should download my 360 CPU datasheet V1.5 from the beginning of March 2005.

The Hypervisor only needs to test a flag in the processor (blown eFuse) against a flag in the patch to make a boot/no boot decision, there could be any number of these flags but at a rate of 1 eFuse / year then 32 would be more than ample. There's no need to actually modify the hypervisor code at all.

The efuses act like standard memory and probably contain the HID register data as well. I would guess there are 1K-2K worth of efuses.

Note: Right now there's no use (or easy way) for end-users to downgrade their kernel ... but it's very interesting research and might be useful in the future or for further research.

More Details: xboxhacker.net (hacking/tech discussions ONLY! - thx)

• 2 months later...
Ah c'est bien sympathique ça, dommage que tous les Kernel ne sont pas capable de cela ... espérons que ça changera :)

C'éttait un fake. Désolé de te l'apprendre.

Je croyais a un nouveau topic en cliquant, j'ai en fait atteri sur cette vieille chose

Zouzzz, je te hais officiellement pour 2 minutes. Désolé de te l'apprendre.

Je croyais a un nouveau topic en cliquant, j'ai en fait atteri sur cette vieille chose

Zouzzz, je te hais officiellement pour 2 minutes. Désolé de te l'apprendre.

Navré crois le bien.

Pour me rattraper, je vais peut être t'apprendre qu'un XBMC360 est en prévision. Mais pas avant 6 mois / 1an.

attend zouzzz tu dis qu'on risque de voir un XBMC sur 360 ? avec backup sur DD et tout et tout ??

Euh oui dans 6 mois/1 an.

J'ai jamais parlé de backups sur hdd, pour ça : laisse tomber.

Je tablerai plus sur un "mini xbmc" avec lecture divX...

edit : je me demande si j'ai pas révé, si quelqu'un peut confirmer.

Modifié par zouzzz

• 3 weeks later...
je remonte le topic

accélération 3d graphique disponible sous linux 360, le début d'une nouvelle ère homebrews sur xbox360?

Espèrons le.

tmbinc poussé par openxdkman a l'air de bien avoir bossé encore une fois.

C'est à saluer une fois de plus.

Je vais jouer le jamais content mais bon le petit hic est le temps de chargement :

-lancer kk patché (1 min)

-lancer linux (3 min)

-lancer l'homebrew (?)

A moins que l'homebrew ne passe que par kk patché, mais bon ce ne serait pas encore le top.

je remonte le topic

accélération 3d graphique disponible sous linux 360, le début d'une nouvelle ère homebrews sur xbox360?

Espèrons le.

tmbinc poussé par openxdkman a l'air de bien avoir bossé encore une fois.

C'est à saluer une fois de plus.

Je vais jouer le jamais content mais bon le petit hic est le temps de chargement :

-lancer kk patché (1 min)

-lancer linux (3 min)

-lancer l'homebrew (?)

A moins que l'homebrew ne passe que par kk patché, mais bon ce ne serait pas encore le top.

Lancer un homebrew ne nécessitera pas de temps particulier, si ce n'est quelques secondes à peine.

++