Marcan Boude ....

jp33

Messages recommandés

Après la guéguerre pseudo stérile avec Waninkoko, Marcan semble plus atteint qu'il ne semblait le laisser croire et semble décider à quitter la scène du hack Wii:

I did not drive nuke out of the "scene"; his reasons for leaving were based on his own personal guesses, beliefs, and extrapolations about some of my ideas, and at no time did he ask for a proper explanation or allow me any sort of clarification or explanation. I do not specifically blame him for this action, because there's more to the story than this, but the other parts are none of your business. He made his own story up and then left because of it.

This kind of crap and drama, however, sure has driven me out of the "scene". Brakken, congratulations, you have succeeded in providing the last drop. I will not attempt to refute any other of the claims made on this thread, because doing so would be completely and utterly futile given that the majority of the people involved will obviously do anything and believe anything that makes me wrong or the "bad guy"; besides, we've been over all this stuff many times now, so if someone wants to investigate the "scene", they can, and they can come to their own conclusions. I'll skip a long rant about brakken and just say that brakken's journalism isn't even remotely close to rigorous.

Suffice it to say, I've had enough, I'm out, and I will not be coming back. Happy easter.

Son post

la goutte qui a fait déborder le vase .....

je n'aurais qu'une chose à dire à Marcan : "pète un coup mon gars, tu te sentiras beaucoup mieux après".

quand on attrape la grosse tête, à un moment ou à un autre, ça explose. Marcan est un excellent développeur, c'est un fait indéniable...mais il est loin d'être mature et prend la mouche pour un oui pour un non, comme un ado pré-pubère en pleine crise ! Et il en recolte aujourd'hui les fruits.

Dommage...parce qu'au lieu de se la jouer à la Dallas, il aurait simplement pu tout remettre à plat, arrêter de se prendre la tête pou des broutilles, et marcher main dans la main avec le reste de la "scène".

Avant hier brakken (l'admin de Tehskeen) avait critiquait ouvertement le comportement de Marcan. Marcan , je le rapelle, qui fait partie de la Team Twiizers a qui l'ont doit la decouverte de la faille TP

So who the hell is Marcan and why should we care? Well, to answer the second question – we shouldn’t. Now let’s poke at the first question. Marcan is part of Team Twiizer’s the scene coding group who created the Twilight Princess Exploit which led to running unsigned code on the Nintendo Wii. Mind you, he didn’t find the exploit – he only helped with the code. Additionally, he helped create the Homebrew Channel which is used worldwide to run unsigned code (aka Homebrew) on the Nintendo Wii. He has also contributed to the Wii development scene with R&D and is planning on releasing an application for the Wii pretty soon called “BootMii”.

With that said he’s earned the respect from many sceners (people in the “scene”) and because of this has established some sort of “God” complex. He thinks, because he helped with such achievements that he can treat other people like he is better than them. He is also a hothead that explodes when someone uses his open source work for purposes he doesn’t approve of and rants on when people don’t do as he wants them to.

What’s open source? Its work that is open for anyone do anything they like freely with it. Marcan thinks he can control what it’s used for and gets pretty angry when it’s not used the way he would like. Well, wake up Marcan. It’s open source! It’s just too damned bad if people use it for purposes you don’t approve of. That’s not part of the licensing agreement. Additionally, who the hell is he to say what others should do. Of course, he has his morals, but shoving them down people’s throats doesn’t make him many friends.

Let’s take a step backward in time before Marcan, who without Bushing the initial creator of the Twilight Princess exploit would still be a “nobody” in the scene. Back in the day homebrew was still possible on the Nintendo Wii, but only through GameCube mode. Homebrew for the Wii back then and now is created using DevKitPro and LibOGC. Without these very important development tools there would be no games, applications or similar in the abundance we see today.

Marcan by no means didn’t start the “scene” as it existed long before he came into it. Marcan is only a small part of the bigger picture. There are around one hundred other developers that have put just as much time and effort, if not more, into creating content for the scene. This content includes the homebrew we all enjoy, the many guides and FAQs available, Wiki’s, forums, websites – it’s an entire community. Although, Marcan doesn’t seem to realize this. He acts if Twiizer’s “owns” the scene; hence the “God” complex I mentioned earlier.

A prime example of this is the ranting he does when someone in the scene makes a mistake (which I have come under his Godly wrath for doing). In Marcan’s ignorance to not talk to certain people unless he feels they are worthy enough he ignored some questions I had regarding a commercial product for the Nintendo Wii he was going to sell. I had learned about this product from [nuke] another major player in the scene. [nuke] unintentionally gave me some wrong information about Marcan’s product. I tried to contact Marcan while he was online, chatting with others, but he ignored me.

So I used the information I was provided with and ran the news story. It turns out the information was inaccurate and then, and only then, when the news article was published – not minutes later he replies cursing me out for getting the story wrong. Well, Marcan … if you would have replied to me this could have been avoided. However, he took the situation too far and started slandering TehSkeen as much as he could. This was almost a year ago and he’s still got an anti-TehSkeen agenda and tries his best to drive developers away from our site.

TehSkeen started in 2005 and quickly became a ground for GameCube development which later led to Wii development. There were many talented people who came and went and used TehSkeen to share information, resources and ideas. In fact, the Wii scene as you know it wouldn’t be the same if the people who used TehSkeen in such ways didn’t do so. TehSkeen was the spawning ground for many great homebrew projects.

TehSkeen and I aren’t the only ones that have come under attack from Marcan and his minions. He has successfully purged [nuke]; the creator of one of the most advanced coding and hacking tools, the USB Gecko from the scene. He did this by not compromising with [nuke] over private matters that do not need to be discussed in a public forum. Needless to say, after the way Marcan treated [nuke] he left the scene. Way to go Marcan!

So, you’ve read this far and might be wondering what are my motivations at writing this? Well, it’s over recent events concerning blog posts Marcan has made attacking another very talented and well respected developer Waninkoko. Waninkoko is one of the people who have used the open source or freely available code and information Marcan has helped contribute to the scene for purposes Marcan doesn’t like.

Waninkoko has a complete different set of ethical standards then Marcan. This is something Marcan doesn’t quite grasp. Waninkoko used this free information and code to create two different “backup” loaders. Marcan, who admits to using backups himself attacked Waninkoko for creating the loaders (can we say hypocrite) claiming he could do better. Marcan even created his own USB based game loader just to show Waninkoko up. This loader was not released. Can we say someone needs to grow up?

Now, Marcan has sets his eyes on the developers of DevKitPro and LibOGC. He claims the tools are flawed and plans to make his own. This is fine, but the way he is treating the two main developers who created these tools for free and out of their own spare time is arrogant to say the least. If it wasn’t for them there would be little to none homebrew for the Wii. So why has Marcan set out to shut them down?

It’s simple. He’s grown a god complex and is a total control freak that flies off the handle at every little thing. Due to the respect he has received, but does not deserve he has followers who abide by his biddings. So when Marcan throws a temper tantrum his followers follow suit. This is very counterproductive and is tearing the scene apart.

Marcan, grow up! I know you’re only 18 and have a lot to learn, but you aren’t going to last that long in this scene if you start tearing away at its foundation. You can’t do it all by yourself. You can’t control others. You are not better than anyone else no matter what you’ve done. The way you treat people is going to push you into a corner until you can’t move and you’re going to bring your loyal followers down with you.

UPDATE 1 - If you didn't know, the Homebrew Channel was coded using LibOGC and wouldn't exist without it.

Source : http://www.tehskeen.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11230

En réponse à cela Marcan a repondu dans ce meme topic, il termine en disant "j'en ai assez, je m'en vais et je ne reviendrai pas."

I did not drive nuke out of the "scene"; his reasons for leaving were based on his own personal guesses, beliefs, and extrapolations about some of my ideas, and at no time did he ask for a proper explanation or allow me any sort of clarification or explanation. I do not specifically blame him for this action, because there's more to the story than this, but the other parts are none of your business. He made his own story up and then left because of it.

This kind of crap and drama, however, sure has driven me out of the "scene". Brakken, congratulations, you have succeeded in providing the last drop. I will not attempt to refute any other of the claims made on this thread, because doing so would be completely and utterly futile given that the majority of the people involved will obviously do anything and believe anything that makes me wrong or the "bad guy"; besides, we've been over all this stuff many times now, so if someone wants to investigate the "scene", they can, and they can come to their own conclusions. I'll skip a long rant about brakken and just say that brakken's journalism isn't even remotely close to rigorous.

Suffice it to say, I've had enough, I'm out, and I will not be coming back. Happy easter.

Source: http://www.tehskeen.com/forums/showpost.ph...p;postcount=200

Merci à vous 2, j'ai combiné les sujets vu que ça parle de la même chose et je déplace en section news (pas envie de me taper la traduction complète de leur conneries pour faire une news sur le site).

Salut,

Je comprends marcan, c'est du travailler sur DSi et Wii à la fois ^^ Vous allez voir il va revenir sur DSi

Sinon c'est toujours chiant de perdre quelqu'un d'aussi bon en dev, faut le dire :(

@+

• 3 weeks later...

Bon apparemment il a fait réagir pas mal de monde et le standard téléphonique des petits bonshommes en bleu à explosé mais au final :

OK i got a call back from the cops.. they want people to stop calling them lol they want me to tell you whats going on so u will stop calling.. he aparently did take the pills they have him in custoty there treating him now and he is fine. so he is ok but we probably wont hear from him for a week or 2 cause he goin to the nut house for a while. but the cops want us to stop calling there getting a little mad lol aparently every one is calling so THEY GOT HIM! hes safe and we will see him soon probably

Il va bien...si on peut dire