Messages recommandés

• Réponses 115
  • Created
  • Dernière réponse

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

lo ;)

also to the one having trouble ftping to it, try a different bios, i can't ftp into mine with ind-bios 5003, but it works fine with xecuter2 4981.06

confirmed cuz ind bios has a bug so you cannot use this function of the dash w/ that bios.

ALSO you cannot launch this dash with an EVOX bios, cause its based on a M$ Debug Dash and is NOT a M$ Certified one.

is it possible to have a main menu item go directly to a hard drive subitem menu?

yes i think so, by using the actions (see Liste_Action_eng) :

GoToMenuDD_2GAM .......... Launch the Hard Drive menu

take this action and use it in your config_pro.ini in following section:

[ConfigMenusMainMenu]......... Configuration of the Menu bars for the main screen

1='Title Menu 1' ............. \

2=Action/Application Menu 1 .. | Each menu action is

3='Title Menu 2' ............. | an [Application]

4=Action/Application Menu 2 .. | or an [Action] (see Liste_Actions_eng.txt).

5='Title Menu 3' ............. | A Password can be

6=Action/Application Menu 3 .. | attributed to each menu.

7='Title Menu 4' ............. | There is no more confirmation

8=Action/Application Menu 4 .. | to launch

9='Title Menu 5' ............. | an [Application] ;)

10=Action/Application Menu 5 . /

So e.g.:

1=HDD Menu

2=GoToMenuDD_2GAM

Then you 1st tab will drive you where you want lol

Or you can use the action

MenuLancementDD_x_2GAM ... Launch the Hard Drive submenu x (x= 1 or 2 or 3 etc)

... defined in the pro.ini in a section like :

[MenuLancementDD_x_2GAM] ..... Configuration of Items in the Hard Drive Menu

1='Title Menu x' ............. \

2='Repertoire' ............... |

3='Executable' ............... | You can add so many

4='Repertoire 2' ............. | [MenuLancementDD_x_2GAM] sections you want.

5='Executable 2' ............. | Just replace the "x" with a number.

6='application name' ......... |

7=Applications ............... /

Then you 'll be able to go directly from the main menu to e.g. the Games Launching Window !

Yeah and for the Audio sounds ensure to have all the directory c:/Audio/ copied to e:/Dash2Gam/Audio/ ;)

Best Regards

k

Has anyone try making a updated "icons.xip" file for dash2gam v2.2?  The xip only contains like 20 icon images for games.  I guess I can do it *sigh* but I am sure someone out there already created one.

lo ;)

not updated yet, but i m sharing a more complete one...

here is my Icon.xip file (thx to bullwinkl)

& here is the illustrated content of that file,

but i need to make an update asap ;)

br

k

I created a new icons pack for my xbox games. Now all my games have icons on them :D . You my icons.xip here. I also had changed some of the standard xbe game names so some of the xap's are named differently than what came with the game.

rob

Modifié par r50la

Invité marrim

Ive been trying to get this dash to work for 2 days now and have gotten error 21 for 2 days. Am I Missing something. A little help would be great. The dash2gam folder is on the root of E: and the xbe is also on the root of E:. Are these in the wrong place.

Help Please,

Chris

Your xbe should ALSO be in the root of C or wherever your bios loads the xbe's on startup. AND also modify your config.ini and/or config_pro.ini to reflect any changes. Hope this helps.

BTW, how are you launching the dashboard?

Hi, great Dash!

I been using the 2.0 version without problems so far and Im planning to upgrade to 2.2 once I got it working flawlessly.

Most of my questions are answered now, but I got 3 more questions:

1.- Can I get rid of the FTP status on the upper right corner? If so, how? (I couldnt find the option on the CONFIG_Pro)

2.- Im getting some strange items on my GAMES submenu. I got the names of my installed games, but also some numbers and symbols that reset to the default dashboard. Im not using 2.2 as a default, so I want to know if this is maybe the problem.

3.- I definetely like the Blue Solid Dashboard of the 2.0 release more than the new one. But when I copy that skin folder to the 2.2 one, Im still getting the gray new one. How could I fix this.

10X in advance

Modifié par Xboxed

Invité bluegt21

hello... i do not know any french ... LOL i had dash2gam 2.0 working fine. i have now tried to get 2.2 going and it locks up after the preview videos. Im useing x2 bios and a xbit modchip booting evoxdash.xbe which is unleashx in C: i have placed dash2gam.xbe in c and also e the folder is in e preview video works fine then i get a hang after with black screen no errors anyone have an idea? also if there is a guide to makeing skins in the format for the skin chooser in dash2gam can anyone help?? thanx - michael

• 2 weeks later...

After using the fix i now have video, but my the skins i downloaded from

http://bestnel.free.fr/monsite/skinx.html don't fit my tv screen. The image is too

big for my tv. I have the settings for the xbox set to "Normal" and i have my tv set to normal. I have also connected my xbox to another tv and my skins are still

too big for the tv. I have tried this on a different xbox and its the same way. I noticed the xboxbg5.xbx is 1024 x 512 . Should i change the *.xbx files to a different resolution to correct this problem or does this need to be changed in the skin.ini file.

Thankyou

Invité mbarbieri

Hello,

Dash2GAM is great. I just need some help. I can't get xbmc to launch from the Main Menu. Here are the parts of my config_pro.ini that I have.

[ConfigMenusMainMenu]

1=DVD Player

2=ExecDvd_2GAM

3=Xbox Media Center

4=xbmc

5=Hard Disk

6=GoToMenuDD_2GAM

7=SETTINGS

8=GoToSettings_2GAM

[Applications]

1=xbmc

2=c:

3=root

4=xbmc.xbe

I am running xbmc from the root of c. I tried moving it the apps folder and is still won't work.

Also, how do I get rid of the intro movie or change it. I tried creating my own movie in Windows Movie Maker but that doesn't work. It just freezes on launch when I change the into movie.

Thanks

Invité armytage

hey there,

i finaly got dash2gam to work. very complex, very confusing. theres definitely a need for a step-by-step setup guide!

well great work guys, this is a nice piece of a dashboard! i got some suggestions though:

1) think about rearranging the config_pro.ini. it doesnt have to be that messy ;)

2) if, for example, games are added to a games menu, dash2gam just reads the folder names, not the titles of the .xbe files. thats worth a change, cuz:

lets say you use Px HDD Loader, which places data in folders with increasing numbers. dash2gam will only show you the names of these folders and you wouldnt know which folder holds which data, right?

3) an option to switch the intro.wmv off would be very nice

4) dashboard-wide translation files would be cool, like language files for the whole thing

basicaly thats it! keep up the great work!

lo ;)

@ mbarbieri

Dash2GAM is great.
Thx 2gam & Yoshihiro do their Best ;)

To launch xbmc from the Main Menu. Here are the parts of config_pro.ini that you should have:

[ConfigMenusMainMenu]

1=DVD Player

2=ExecDvd_2GAM

3=Xbox Media Center

4=Xbmc

5=Hard Disk

6=GoToMenuDD_2GAM

7=SETTINGS

8=GoToSettings_2GAM

[Applications]

1=Xbmc

2=C:

3=root

4=xbmc.xbe

i think the capitals are relevant, but not sure... try it & give us feedback ;)

but your hdd org is a bit strange for me, e.g i have (& works fine) :

[Applications]

1=Xbmc

2=E:

3=Dashboards\\Xbox Media Center

4=default.xbe

and for the main buttons, i have :

[ConfigMenusMainMenu]

1=.:: MUSIC BOX ::.

2=Xbmc

3=.:: LINUX BOX ::.

4=E:\\dashboards\\debian linux\\default.xbe

you could as well launch an app w/o [Applications] entry, like my deb linux ;)

and if it doesn't work, check your xbmc :P

mine is the 1.1 version for info.

Also, how do I get rid of the intro movie or change it. I tried creating my own movie in Windows Movie Maker but that doesn't work. It just freezes on launch when I change the into movie.
don't sure (cause not interested for the mom by this feature :P but i think you need to replace the video.wmv file... but it next version you will have more options for that ;)

@armytage

i finaly got dash2gam to work. very complex, very confusing. theres definitely a need for a step-by-step setup guide!
mmh, you checked english written readme files ? but you're right for the guide & we are workin on it ;)
well great work guys, this is a nice piece of a dashboard!
Thx in the name of the team ;)
1) think about rearranging the config_pro.ini. it doesnt have to be that messy
for now 2gam is working on new features and just insert the new item in the ini's. In some next version all these config items will be integrated in a dash menu, but the list is long ;) so please be patient...
2) if, for example, games are added to a games menu, dash2gam just reads the folder names, not the titles of the .xbe files. thats worth a change, cuz:

lets say you use Px HDD Loader, which places data in folders with increasing numbers. dash2gam will only show you the names of these folders and you wouldnt know which folder holds which data, right?

you're right, that's why in next 2.3 version the dash will read the internal xbe name.
3) an option to switch the intro.wmv off would be very nice
just said, this feature is revised in next 2.3 version
4) dashboard-wide translation files would be cool, like language files for the whole thing
what exaclty ? cause you have the language dash menu (files from the subfolder "Dash2Gam\2GAM.data\Datas\Langues\" ;) to get in a fully english spoken dash, no ?
basicaly thats it! keep up the great work!
Sure version 2.3 is on the way ;)

br

k

Invité armytage
mmh, you checked english written readme files ? but you're right for the guide & we are workin on it

i tried this and xbox-scenes' forum and irc channel. i was searching for a gueux channel but didnt find one. do they have one?

you know the main prob for me was there was so full tutorial like thing. lots of different posts of ppl with different points of view. in the readme i read 2gam wouldnt work with evox. in a forum i read it does work with evox so i didnt know what to do.

i flashed my chip with a X 2 4981.06 and it works now. a tutorial with all the info in one place would be very cool.

what exaclty ? cause you have the language dash menu (files from the subfolder "Dash2Gam\2GAM.data\Datas\Langues\" wink.gif to get in a fully english spoken dash, no ?

youd have to change all the french entries in the config files by hand. i just copied the config of some guy who changed it all to english. i am, for example, using the german translation file, but some words or phrases are still english or french.

btw if you guys need help, maybe with translations to english or german, i could offer some help.

Sure version 2.3 is on the way

i saw the screens and that one french post. i bet its gonna kick ass ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Here comes the next version...

After many weeks of modding/testing/debugging the dash,

2GAM, Yoshihiro & Kanaberra are presenting You...

Dash2Gam Version 2.3

2GAM_main.jpg

2GAM_sub.jpg

2GAM_fan.jpg

*** CHANGELOG from V2.2 to V2.3 ***

* NEW FUNCTIONS :

- Possibility to change the dash colors with the tool 'D2G Color.exe' included in the archive

- 2 new actions to open and close the DVD tray from a button or a menu

- Display while playing a DVD of the time, the temperature and the amount of space on E: F: or G: by activating the menu

- Possibiliter de modiffier la transparence des structures 3D du dash en modifiant l'image 'Fond.xbx' qui est maintenant inclue dans le 'Skin.xip'.

- While files transfers, the displayed amount of disk space is changing in real-time

- Possibility to play BG music only while the screen saver is ON

- Possibility to display or not the temperatures of CPU and SYSTEM

- Possibility to change in real-time the fan speed through a new configuration submenu

- Possibility to change the Xbox LED color through the Skin.ini

- Possibility to change the intro video through the Skin.ini

- Option to display or not the intro video at the dash start

- The default color.ini if the file is missing in the skin to launch

* BUGS FIXED :

- Recognize the video mode 16/9 4/3 at the dash start

- Display of the amount of disk space, not necessary anymore to document partitions in the 'Config_pro.ini'

- Display of the 'HDD' menu with the 'Setting Style' resolved

- Display the music infos in 'Soundtrack' and 'Playlists' panels of the 'Music Control Panel' resolved

- Display of the titles in games, apps lists... from the 'HDD' menu resolved

- Problem on the long subdirectory names resolved

- Launching of the dash even if the skin from the config_pro.ini doesn't exist anymore

- Possibility to take a screenshot from all screens

If I forgot something, please tell me about other bugs actually non-identified.

* CHANGES :

- A new official 2GAM Skin

- Reorganization of the button presets

- Positioning of the infos displayed on the screen

- For the icons in Icons.xip, enter the directory name of the application/game/... as name of the icon to show

- To set passwords, enter the directory name of the application/game/... as application name (section [ApplicationsPassword])

2GAM_info.jpg

Available on usual place : Download from 2gam.gx-mod.com

ThanX You All.

k

Modifié par kanaberra

i have my games in f:\

f:\fable, f:\doa3, etc...

but they doesn't appears on the Games menu

[MenuLancementDD_1_2GAM]

3=default.xbe

2=F:\

1=Juegos

it's this ok? :(

hello,

scuse my english :wacko:

it's no good

the plays must be in a common file and not has the root.

ex:

f:/games/doa3

f:/games/halo

etc...

[MenuLancementDD_1_2GAM]

1=Juegos

2=games

3=default.xbe

for the moment, one cannot make differently, thereafter can be....

;)

Hi again

I've changed from unleashx to Dash2Gam recently, and i'm "tuning" it

I've built an Items.xip with Winxip, put default.xap and all the icons exported from tga files to xbx with Fast_xbx2dds2img.

The first tiime, when i took the Icons.xip that comes with the Dashboard Dash2Gam, i've modified the default.xap adding the new ones, the icons did appears but the skins was strange, bad colors and disappearing images, but the game icons did appears.

Then, i make a new Icons.xip with only my icons, this time, the skin was ok, colors and images ok, but the game icons don't appears.

can anybody help me?

Thanks

edited: I've put back the original Icons.xip (this file only works with a few games that i have) but now, the icons don't appears, NONE, yesterday i saw the fable icon wit this one.... what happens? i'm going crazy

edited again: i only can see the icons with the Bungie skin, why?¿

thxz

Modifié par JohnCrichton