Virtuous Flame Présente Ark, Ecfw Pour Vita

Newserator

Messages recommandés

Virtuous Flame, le développeur derrière beaucoup de projet incluant le dernier OPEN CMA, vient de révéler quelques informations sur le site chinois duowan.com à propos d'un exploit Kernel et d'un eCFW pour la Vita (un custom firmware lancé depuis l'émulateur PSP) appelé ARK.

Virtuous Flame révèle que ce n’est pas le même exploit que Frostegater’s, il fonctionne sur le firmware 2.02 et avec sa propre version du eCFW, ce qui fait donc un deuxième exploit Kernel de connu.

ARK a quelques avantages par rapport au TN-C, comme pouvoir aller directement au menu ISO au lieu de lancer la sauvegarde. Un autre avantage serait une meilleur compatibilité avec les homebrews et les émulateurs.

Pour l’instant il n'y a pas de date de relase.

homesite.gif  Site officiel : wololo.net

Lien vers article original : http://mobiles.gx-mod.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=9855

J'attendais depuis longtemps une telle avancée de chez ce super extra-ordinaire hacker chinois !!

Vu la qualité des CFW PRO, nul ne doute que ce eCFW ARK serait à la hauteur !! wait & see.

To quote Coldbird directly (source) :

Some people over at
Wololo’s
place have been wondering whether the showcased VF Vita CFW Video was the CFW I’ve been working on. To put it short, yes it is. Project Ark (initially PRO-Vita) has been a joint collaboration of multiple big personalities of the scene. However, as I’ve not queried the other team members for permission to post their names just yet, I will only name those which are already obvious to the open eye, namely me (Coldbird) and Virtuous Flame. (Should any other people want to get mentioned, please contact me, you know how to find me.) I want to put big importance into the fact that this project is a collaboration and that everyone that took part in it deserves to label himself a valuable member to Team PRO.

Rolling up the events of the recent past, namely the leak of the Project Prototype which forced me to leave the scene, was caused by multiple people, some trustworthy – some not so trustworthy – some made of pure evil. One of those people involved in the leak, tricked through social engineering to leak the Prototype, was frostegater, a person initially part of the well known TN-Camp. While its impossible to make up for the part he played in the leaking events, I and the core members of Team PRO decided that it was best to work towards uniting the scene, rather than stirring flames of war, which lead to frostegater being accepted as one of our Core-Team members (with him, we are now 5). Even though he’s the newest member of the Core-Team I’m very positive his contributions in the future will be of big use to the team and, obviously, also to you, the Enduser.

As for Project Ark
release dates, no information available at the moment
…However the code is complete,
fully functional and out beats that of TN-CEF by far
(sadly, even the Prototypes beat TN-CEF by far). The reason this ain’t out yet is simple, this is a collaborative project and we are a democratic team where every core member gets a equal vote in what we are meant to do. The vote for when and how (and also – if) to release this project is still pending.

I wish all of you (even if a bit late for xmas) – a relaxing, calm and happy Christmas Holidays, as well as a good slide into the new year 2013. Maya my a** – we are still here.

Greetings, Coldbird.

Frostegater joins PRO Team

We mentioned it earlier today: Frostegater, the dev we’ve been hearing a lot from lately has recently joined the PRO Team, a team that have great developers such as Virtuous Flame, neur0n and Yosh/wth (sadly, coldbird left, we miss you bro).

Let us recap a bit on the history between PRO and Frostegater.
Initially, Frostegater was a publicly pronounced PRO-Hater, being more in favor of TN, so…. what happened?

Well, for starters, if something I have learned from wololo.net is that a united scene brings much more than a separate scene where no info is publicly shared (see ps3 scene).
Another thing to take into consideration is the recent leak of ARK (formerly known as PRO-Vita), a port of PRO CFW for the PS Vita, in which Frostegater played a role as he was one of the people involved in such leak, according to a recent blog entry by Coldbird himself. So you may ask “why is Frostegater joining PRO after he has contributed to the leak?”, well, there are a few things to take into consideration.

First, Frostegater never intended to leak the CFW in the first place, he just wanted to have it to reverse it and learn from it. This doesn’t change the fact that the leak happened, but amongst the people involved in the leak, Frostegater was the only dev, meaning he understood how Coldbird left and felt very sorry for his actions leading to Coldbird’s retirement. This lead to Frostegater offering Coldbird a kernel exploit to compensate for what happened, which lead to Frostegater befriending Coldbird and VF and ultimately joining PRO.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Invité