Devolution r135

Newserator

Messages recommandés

tueidj poursuit son travail sur ce loader Gamecube tournant en mode Wii. Les fans de Phantasy Star Online seront ravis d'apprendre que le mode online, par emulation du modem via le wifi de la wii, a encore été amélioré, avec notamment l'ajout d'un nouveau serveur (numéro de téléphone "3") et l'utilisation de DNS à la place d'adresses IP codées "en dur" dans le loader.

changelog :

- add dial-up server for l33tserv (phone number "3")

- fix audio for Crash Nitro Kart

- add version string to beginning of log

- disable gecko output when other EXI device is in use, fixes a freeze when wifi initialization finishes while reading RTC

- use DNS lookup for dial-up servers instead of a hardcoded IP

(*) Nota concernant le module pour loader : seul le fichier "loader.bin" présent dans "gc_devodata" est nécessaire. Il doit être placé à un endroit particulier, qui dépend du loader que vous utilisez (consultez la FAQ de votre loader pour savoir où le copier).

download.gif Devolution r135

download.gif Devolution r135 (module pour loaders)(*)

homesite.gif  Site officiel : http://gbatemp.net

Lien vers article original : http://wii.gx-mod.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=3140

ajout du "mode d'emploi" pour configurer l'emulation du modem (PSO I/II/III)

copier/coller du topic officiel histoire de centraliser l'info sur GX

How to use the modem emulation: The modem is only usable with PSO Ep. I&II and PSO Ep III, it may be usable with Homeland but who knows. The official PSO servers went offline ages ago but it's still possible to play on custom servers, although Ep III is rarely played due to poor compatibility. The most popular server is probably SCHTHACK, another option is Sylverant which actually seems to be better coded but less popular. Both of them require proper serial numbers and access keys to login, Sylverant also requires pre-registration before it will let you connect (you can do it on the website).

When Devolution starts it will begin initializing the wii's wifi network. Once that initialization has completed successfully the modem is made visible to the game. If the game says there is no modem connected, try waiting 10-30 seconds and retry whatever it was you were doing. As usual the log will give details but since it's trying to bring the network up at the time you won't be able to see it without a USB gecko. If the wifi link between your wii and the access point is dropped/reset it will be detected and handled, but unfortunately you'll be kicked out of the game and have to wait a little while for it to be reinitialized. Wired connections should also work with the same conditions applied to disconnecting the LAN cable/unplugging the USB adaptor. Why you would do either of those things I don't know but I tested it anyway.

For configuring the dial-up connection in the game, use these settings:

- Tone dialing

- No outside line

- Set line timeout to 99 minutes (optional, most servers will boot you for much less)

- No additional AT commands

- User ID (case sensitive): DEVO

- Password (case sensitive): gc

Note that this is NOT your PSO password, that is separate.

- Phone Number; There are four main choices here:

"0" will make the connection behave like a regular dial-up internet connection and attempt to connect to the (non-existent) official servers. If you want to connect to a custom server (that isn't SCHTHACK or Sylverant) using DNS redirection, use this option and enter the DNS server IP manually on the next page.

"1" will use Captain N's DNS server to automatically connect to SCHTHACK (without the need to manually enter the DNS IP)

"2" will use Sylverant's DNS server to automatically connect to Sylverant (without the need to manually enter the DNS IP)

"3" will use l33tServ's DNS server to automatically connect to l33tServ (without the need to manually enter the DNS IP)

If for some reason you don't want to make use of the PPP emulator on my server (www.tueidj.net), you can combine the target IP and port into a 6 byte integer (IP first) and enter the decimal representation as the phone number.

- DNS server address: If you used option 1, 2 or 3 above leave this set to automatic. Otherwise you should already know what to do here.

- No Proxy server information

After entering your serial number, access key and account password you should be able to connect. Be warned, once you connect for the first time with a serial number/access key pair they will become permanently stored and you will be unable to change them (without deleting your save data) so make sure they get entered correctly.

Due to the nature of the emulation all traffic is routed through my VPS so don't be a dick and do anything stupid like getting it IP banned from the servers, or else everyone will have to start running their own PPP emulators (which isn't an easy task in these days of broadband). There shouldn't be any problems with lag since the modem connections only require a trickle of bandwidth each but I will be keeping an eye on it just in case.