Alternative Firmware For Samsung

sadovich

Messages recommandés

Bonjour,

Voilà j'ai déniché ça:

June 23rd 2006

* XBOX 360 enabled alternative FW for the Samsung SH-D162C drive - V0.5 *

Well ok...it's not fully completed yet, but I thought it was time to release some of the goodies I've made for the SH-D162C

during the last month. The challenge/response functionality ISN'T included in this release, so you will NOT be able

to make complete backups of 360 games unless you can obtain the SS from some other source. This said I'm quite certain,

that you'll appreciate the other features that have been completed and included in this release.

This is what you get..

--------------------------------

- Two types of unlock for XBOX 360 game discs. One for making xtreme style images and one for making wxripper style images.

Both types of iso can be made using isobuster. Ripping using wxripper isn't supported for the time being

- A 'lock' function that will cancel any enabled unlock state. This can be very useful for custom applications.

- 'Error skipping' which basically speeds up the error handling of the drive. A complete wxripper style image (including video)

can be obtained in 15-16 minutes, when error skipping is enabled. Getting through the critical area of LBA 19408-20479 will take

you more than 20 minutes alone, if error skipping is disabled :(

- Read and decrypt of SS. The SS returned from the drive is complete except for the missing C/R data at offset 0x200. This is very

handy since you can compare the SS from the game in the drive to a SS found on the internet. No more coasters due to an incorrect SS.

- A much more streamlined command interface which is good news if you intend to write an application that makes use of the drives

extra features.

- The drive will default to unlock state 2 and error skip enabled when a 360 media is inserted. You can in other words use isobuster to

obtain a wxripper style image without issuing any commands to the drive :)

This is what you'll have to wait for..

-----------------------------------------------

- Full challenge/response functionality.

- RPC1 support

I've been working hard on the challenge response part for a couple of weeks now, and I have to admit that there's still a lot of work left to do.

More than 6000 C/R related lines of code have been extracted, and well.....I do expect the implementation and debugging to take some time ;)

I don't know when this part will completed, but I can assure you, that I'll be working to complete this as my main priority.

Ripping using Isobuster..

---------------------------------

Not much to add here except for the number of LBA to read when using unlock 2 is 3697696 as opposed to 3567872 for unlock 1.

A successful wxripper style image will have a size of 7.572.881.408 bytes, while a successful xtreme style image will have

a size of 7.307.001.856 bytes.

And now some technical stuff....

Command set additions found in this FW..

-----------------------------------------------

FF 08 01 01 , 'Enable Unlock 1 (xtreme) state' as we already know it from the 360 xtreme modded drives.

This command is supported for legacy reasons only. Custom applications should use the new

'Set lock state' instead.

FF 08 01 11 xx , 'Set Lock State'

xx=00 - Drive locked (no unlock state)

xx=01 - Unlock State 1 (xtreme) enabled

xx=02 - Unlock state 2 (wxripper) enabled

FF 08 01 15 xx , 'Set Error Skip State'

xx=00 - Error skip is disabled

xx=01 - Error skip is enabled

AD 00 FF 02 FD FF FE 00 08 00 xx C0 , This is the well known SS extract commands from the xtreme fw.

Since C/R hasn't been implemented yet, xx is don't care and the drive will return the decrypted

SS without any C/R data at offset 0x200

FF 08 01 10 , 'Get Feature List'

This command will return a list of the additional features supported by the drive.

All values returned are 16 bit values, and the list is terminated with null (0x0000)

The two first words of the returned list always reads as 0xA55A 0X5AA5 in order to guarantee

that a reply from a drive not supporting this command correctly isn't mistaken for a feature list.

An example feature list could be:

0xA55A, 0x5AA5, 0x0100, 0xF000, 0xF001, 0x0000

This list would indicate that the drive supports Unlock 1, Lock and Error Skip, as it can be seen

from the values defined below:

XBOX 360 related features..

0x0100 : The drive supports the unlock 1 state (xtreme)

0x0101 : The drive supports the unlock 2 state (wxripper)

0x0120 : The drive can read and decrypt the SS

0x0121 : The drive has full challenge response functionality

General drive features..

0xF000 : The drive supports the lock (cancel any unlock state) command

0xF001 : The drive supports error skipping

This is the complete list of defined features at the moment. If you're working on a custom application you

might want to contact me in order to get the latest list.

To those of you that might be wondering if this release will work with XBOX games.....well it probably will.... in theory at least. No extensive testing

has been made at this point, so I guess you will have to test that part by yourself :)

That's just about it for now. I hope to be back with more goodies soon and that this release will be helpful to you all.

A big thanks must go to FlexyZ for letting me borrow, destroy and finally repair his TS-H943 ;). Without this kind of help this release wouldn't be possible.

I would also like to thank all of the other guys working hard on making the 360 a little more user friendly :) Keep up the good work!

Have fun!

Kreon

Déjà posté ici quelque part... mais il ne permet pas encore de lire le ss.bin , donc pour le moment il ne sert pas a grand chose de plus qu'un autre lecteur ordinaire.

Mais bientôt..... j'imagine qu'on pouras ripper completement un jeu de 360 avec !