In English

2GAM

Messages recommandés

The first tiime, when i took the Icons.xip that comes with the Dashboard Dash2Gam, i've modified the default.xap adding the new ones, the icons did appears but the skins was strange, bad colors and disappearing images, but the game icons did appears.

Then, i make a new Icons.xip with only my icons, this time, the skin was ok, colors and images ok, but the game icons don't appears.

can anybody help me?

In v2.2, I edited my icons.xip file to show game icons, i found out that there was a bug when adding more than 45 entries to the default.xap file within the icons.xip. That bug caused the colors to mess up on v2.2. Hope that helps.

-----------------

For v2.3, in the description above it says:

- For the icons in Icons.xip, enter the directory name of the application/game/... as name of the icon to show

I have tried to figure this out and I still cant get it to work. Lets say I have the game "Fable" in F:/Games/Fable . I have the fable.xbx icon file in the icons.xip. How would I edit the default.xap ? This is what I tried and it didn't work:

Transform{    children    [        Shape        {            appearance Appearance            {                texture ImageTexture                {                    url "Fable"                }            }            geometry Box {}        }    ]    translation 0 0 300}

I am using a skin that is different from default.

-R50la

Modifié par r50la

• Réponses 115
  • Created
  • Dernière réponse

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

NEW: Patch V0.01 Dash2Gam V2.3 is OUT !

This patch corrects the 2 bugs from Dash2GAM V2.3:

--Skin launching problem by more than 8 skins

--Possibility to shot a screen from the MemoryX game

Instructions: Just copy/replace the corresponding files on your Xbox

Download the patch

Official Site : 2gam.gx-mod.com

br

k

Modifié par kanaberra

Invité Anonymous
Transform

{

children

[

Shape

{

appearance Appearance

{

texture ImageTexture

{

url "Fable"

}

}

geometry Box {}

}

]

translation 0 0 300

}

it's no good

Transform

{

children

[

Shape

{

appearance Appearance

{

texture ImageTexture

{

url "Fable.tga"

}

}

geometry Box {}

}

]

translation 0 0 300

}

It'good :ok:

Invité armytage

@ kanaberra:

i just gave Dash2Gam v2.3 a try. dude, it simply rocks. im seriously impressed.

you guys did a great job. all of the features that 2.2 missed are working now, for example the title extraction of .XBEs. now its official, "das2gam is teh dashboard" ;)

well so much for the commendation.

somehow i get strange FTP errors. in some cases theres a "2123" in front of some folder names... if i try to enter these folders it tells me there's no such folder (what is right of course). refreshing the list doesnt help. i can access these folders by performing a change folder command per hand, but thats not really comfortable. whats the origin of that error? did someone else experience something like this? i guess its an ftp server issue.

somehow i get strange FTP errors. in some cases theres a "2123" in front of some folder names... if i try to enter these folders it tells me there's no such folder (what is right of course). refreshing the list doesnt help. i can access these folders by performing a change folder command per hand, but thats not really comfortable. whats the origin of that error? did someone else experience something like this? i guess its an ftp server issue.

lo thx for your feedback ;)

Yoshihiro who is the Master Chief of the XBE is workin' on the "FTP" & "MU" pbs, he has fixed the ftp bug and is now quickly resolving the memory unit pb ;)

Once both are fixed, i think he will release his XBE... i hope this year :P

br

k

Invité morgoth

I would like to try this dash but i can't get it to work at all...

tried c: c:\dash\dash2gam e:\apps\dash2gam of course with edited config.ini

none works..screen gets just black at my 1.6 xbox and stays black..even the led goed dark. I have Executer 3 bios. It's correct that there is a Dash2Gam dir (which contains 2GAM.data) in the same dir where the Dash2Gam.xbe is right? Please help cause i'm stuck here. Thanks.

Transform

{

children

[

Shape

{

appearance Appearance

{

texture ImageTexture

{

url "Fable"

}

}

geometry Box {}

}

]

translation 0 0 300

}

it's no good

Transform

{

children

[

Shape

{

appearance Appearance

{

texture ImageTexture

{

url "Fable.tga"

}

}

geometry Box {}

}

]

translation 0 0 300

}

It'good :ok:

That does not work for me with dash2gam v2.3 ...... It works with dash2gam v2.2 though.

Invité armytage

hey there, i got another problem:

in dash2gam 2.3 i made a soundtrack with 3 tracks. i cant erase it. no matter what i do, as soon as i reboot the box, the soundtrack is still there. i tried deleting it within the music menu, within the memory menu, i even killed the contents of the [fffe0000] folder in e:\TDATA ... it didnt help.

how is this supposed to work?

EDIT: killing the ST.DB helped finaly. whenever i try to copy tracks from an audio cd in the music menu in dash2gam 2.3 it fails. is this a common problem? i never tried this in 2.2, so i dunno...

Modifié par armytage

Invité MACKa LAX

Nice Dash..It looks a little too much like M$ Da$h but it's nice. How can I play music in the background??? Like in unleash x my files are pointing to the F drive.

lo and Happy New Year to all of Ya ;)

Yoshihiro, www.Yoshihiro-dev.com, released following at the end of last year ;)

• a NEW XBE to fix the ftp pb on Dash2Gam 2.3 : Das2gam-FTP-FIXE-PLUS
  • a NEW BIOS (bfm) compatible w/ Xbox 1.6 & the dash2gam.xbe : Yoshihiro loader for Dash2Gam/bios debug xbox 1.6
    Yoshihiro wrote:
    last debug bios 256k for xbox 1.6 ONLY, works in Pal & NTSC but not on pal 60 sorry. Just need to launch this pack from the your evox dash or another one and with the dash 2gam ("Dash2gam.xbe") placed on the root of E:\\
    NB: ATTENTION its a BETA bios, don't give it to n00b.

Best Regards.

k

Hi,

First off I would like to congratulate you on such and excellent dashboard, but I have one issue which is stopping me from completely dumping EvolutionX. The FTP doesn't read the DVD's correctly so I cannot rip a DVD directly to the PC. Is it possible to fix this so DVD can be directly FTPed to the PC.

Also is it possible to build the dash2gam xbe so that we don't have to apply the offset hex ed hack for us EvoX people.

Thanks

Minch

How can I play music in the background???

This is from the config_pro_eng.

[ConfigMusic]

1=oui/non .................... Activate the Background Music

Like in unleash x my files are pointing to the F drive.

If by this you mean that you had other music files besides standard Xbox soundtracks, as far as I know Dash2GAM does not support other music sources besides Xbox soundtracks. But I may be wrong.

If by this you mean that you had other music files besides standard Xbox soundtracks, as far as I know Dash2GAM does not support other music sources besides Xbox soundtracks.  But I may be wrong.

Welcome here Sigwood ;)

& you're right, this dash like the other ones based on original m$, doesn't support mp3/ogg... just wmv audio files which is the xboxdash standard, like m$ ambient sounds.

Perhaps one day we could see a file like mp3.dll within this dash and then... :P

br.

k

Before I ask my question, let me just say that it is great that you guys have made an English thread when most English forums wouldn't extend the same courtesy to non-English speaking people. Thanks very much for this! :)

I was wondering if the button highlight for the music control panel is a texture, or if it is controlled with the colors.ini file.

The White/Chrome color scheme from the 2GAM skin works very well for me, but for some reason the highlight on these buttons is almost imperceptible. I only know what button is selected by pushing it and seeing what happens.

Thanks for the help.

By the way, I tried UIX this morning...

I think I will be sticking with Dash2GAM.

:)

Also, I wasn't too impressed with the fact that in a news item on Xbox-Scene they listed "oh yeah and its not FRENCH!" as one of their features. For one thing, Dash2GAM has english help files available, and secondly, they seem to imply that if something is French that it is a bad thing. Just seems a bit unprofessional.

Modifié par Sigwood

Hello,

(scuse my Google English) blush

The White/Chrome color scheme from the 2GAM skin works very well for me, but for some reason the highlight on these buttons is almost imperceptible. I only know what button is selected by pushing it and seeing what happens.

The bug of buttons A was seen, it will be regler in the next version.

Thank you for the thanks.

;)

Invité mintoman

To Start off with i have to congratulate you guys on a great dash,

im having one problem though that if solved would make this the perfect dash

when ftping to the xbox using flash FXP i cannot access the DVD drive, is this an error with settings or has this been disabled for a reason

any help would be much appreciated as i wish to use this dash full time and not have to depend on programs such as evox or xbmc to be able to FTP to only one directory

thanks

Mintoman

I think I might know a way around the FTP D Drive problem.

After reading your posts on Xbox-Scene forums and here, mintoman, I decided to fire up the dash with something in D drive to see if I had the same problem as you.

The Drive letters are listed like this:

C

DVD

E

F

G

MUSIC

TDATA

UDATA

So, I clicked on "DVD", thinking that it would open the dvd folder. Lo and behold, I had the same problem as you, when I click on "DVD" it says "Path not found."

Since that message indicates that the path, i.e. "DVD", is not valid, I decided to type in just "D", since that is the standard path for the DVD drive, and I was able to access it.

So, if you want to access the D drive, you have to type in D manually. I don't use Flash FXP, so I don't know how you would do that with that particular software, but there must be a place to input a path.

I am sure that the 2G Collective will come up with a proper fix for this, whatever the problem is, but for now if you want to access the DVD-ROM drive, you must type in "D" as the path. "DVD" doesn't seem to work, at least for some people.

If any of my information is incorrect, I am sure someone will let me know.

Hope this helps. :)

lo ;)

thanks a LOT dudes for that feedback !

and great idea to let them know to ppl here as well ;) (i saw your xs post...

i'll transfer your bug report to the right person.

Br.

k

first of ..

wow what a excellent dash :)

been playing arround with this for a a couple of days and loving it !

two questions ...

ONE

is if possible to add better disc scanning ?

(i can test any code ya throw at me !)

so it scans not just the root of a disc, but subfolders; for default.xbe ?

and auto add them to a menu .. (like the games menu, or even in its own menu !!)

as at present if a disc is inserted it does add a dvd reader selection up in the hard drive menu....

wundered if we could expand on this ??

if it finds default.xbe, in root, or subfolders. add them to a menu. on insert !)

TWO

any way we can at presnt or test, quicker load times ??

i know 5/6 seconds is not a lot, but it is when ya used to less than half !?

but then there is always a bad thing when u have so many good things !

other than that i think this is the most complete and configurable dash's out there !

please keep up the GREAT work ..

and please continue with this style !! ..

(maybe use UIX mediaplayer once its out ?

and maybe there better FTP and load times

but other than that stay how U are !! )

most pleased .. Mick .

Modifié par -gadget-

• 2 weeks later...

Dash2GAM rules!

There hadn't been a post on this thread in a while, so...

:oki:

By the way, what item in the Color scheme controls the text on the menus?

For example, I have a color scheme that has light blue text on items that are not selected, so what would I change in the color.ini file to change that? And what would I change for the selected item text?

Thanks.

Modifié par Sigwood