Exploit Webkit Vita Par Davee

Newserator

Messages recommandés

L'attente a été longue, teasé quelques fois récemment, il est finalement là : le Hack de la Vita.

vita_webkit_hack.jpg

Davee était re-sorti de l'ombre dernièrement pour présenter un Frameworks pour faciliter le développement d'exploit sur les CPU ARM. Il revient maintenant avec un Proof Of Concept d'un exploit au travers du navigateur webkit. Au début il était seulement disponible sur les Firmware 2.60, mais l'exploit a pu être porté jusqu'au 3.18. Cette faille semble être patché en 3.30. Il ne reste plus qu'à espérer que votre console ne soit pas à jour...

Pour tester si votre Vita est vulnérable, aller sur cette page depuis son navigateur : lolhax ou wololo

Plus d'informations et peut-être les premiers Homebrews devraient apparaitre prochainement. Pour rappel la Vita est disponible depuis février 2012.

homesite.gif  Source : wololo.net et wololo.net

Lien vers article original : http://mobiles.gx-mod.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=10037

j'ai test en 3.18, j'ai bien une fenêtre qui s'ouvre mais j'ai pas la même chose que sur la photo

faut attendre plus longtemps... fait ok

La deuxieme fenêtre viendra après

avant d'avoir du homebrew correct il va falloir patienter je pense, j'ai un peu potassé la FAQ sur ce hack et j'avoue ne pas y avoir compris grand chose, si quelqu'un a compris comment faire un appel sur un fichier je suis prenneur

• 2 weeks later...

Vita hack: the webkit exploit fully explained (+ more code for you to look at!)

This was kind of out of the blue: Developer acez just posted an article on his blog explaining all the details of the Webkit exploit that was recently revealed for the Vita, including how he and a group of friends leveraged it.

The read is extremely interesting, and I won’t pretend I’m able to summarize it in a way that would do it any justice, so I suggest you just read it.

A cynical summary for people like me who have been in the PSP hacking scene previously would be: “ha, the security on the PSP was a joke, now we’re talking”. The article truly shows that the exploit was not only about digging for CVEs and quickly and dirtily implement them on the Vita. Between the absence of a debugger, ASLR, sandboxing, no JIT, and other bumps in the road, acez’s post clearly explains this was not easy. At all.

From the scene’s perspective, it’s interesting to see that the main people behind this work (freebot, acez, and John The Ropper) are – as far as I know – not people from the PSP or PS3 scene. They seem to be, however, very, very well seasoned hackers (at least acez seems to be a regular CTF – The hacking ones, not the Quake ones – contestant). The things they pulled off, which I understand where very helpful, behind the scene, to some of the releases we’ve seen over the past few days, were not an easy thing.

akai_vita_webkit
Credits

Johntheropper and freebot worked with acez directly on the exploit. In addition, he credits Yifanlu and Josh_Axey for their help on the Vita, as well as Acid_Snake and Codelion, and everyone else who “made this possible”.
Downloads

The exploit and all related work can be found on acez’s github. At this point I assume this is more or less the same work that has been released in CodeLion’s recent memtools_vita, but it is worth checking it.
What’s next?

Let’s hope that the interest of acez, JhonTheRopper, and freebot for the Vita will stay for a while. As mentioned in the blog article, there’s still a lot to do: Webkit is sandboxed, and without additional exploits, the scene will not be able to gain “full” native access to the Vita. From a personal point of view though, I would surely be happy to start seeing a simple SDK, and some simple homebrew, in the sandboxed Webkit exploit. Just for the sake of it.

http://wololo.net/2014/11/02/vita-hack-the-webkit-exploit-fully-explained-more-code-for-you-to-look-at/